Tornike Okriashvili, leader of the Georgia national football team, was close to transferring to Olympique Marseille but the transfer failed at the last moment.
worldsport.ge contacted Okriashvili’s agent Mamuka Amirov. Amirov told us the transfer failed due to financial issue and Okri did not have heart problem.
The agent of the 24-year-old football player added they denied more than 7 clubs because of Olympique but despite everything, Okriashvili will not be left without club.
- Why did the transfer fail? Some reasons were named but fans want to know what happened.
- We could not achieve agreement on financial issue. Tornike does not have heart problem.
- Did Genk and Marseille have problem or Marseille and you?
- Marseille and we…
- And what will happen now?
- Tornike has another year in Genk. We denied at least 7 clubs because of Marseille – Tornike wanted to play for Olympique.
- Why was not financial issue resolved before the last moment?
- Actually Marseille was sold yesterday. It is football and anything can happen but Tornike Okriashvili will not be left without club!
- Are there other options?
- Yes, and we are working on it. I cannot say more now.